Jobs & Volunteer Opportunities
Domestic Violence LINKLine Specialist Advocate (Part Time Position)
The Domestic Violence LINKLine Specialist Advocate is responsible for answering incoming calls to the LINKLine during allotted day shifts and is expected to competently provide crisis intervention, resources and referrals, and listening support to survivors in a non-judgmental and trauma informed manner. This role is also expected to enhance resource material available to callers.
- Answer incoming calls during allotted day shifts on the LINKLine in a supportive, non-judgmental manner, utilizing the Lethality Assessment Protocol (LAP) with callers to support safety planning and refer callers to appropriate resources.
- Provide 1:1 advocacy work for individuals as required.
- Maintain accurate records of calls received, resources provided and referrals made.
- Assist with data entry, filing and updating resources in service directory.
- Work to enhance the LINKLine program, its reach, and overall services provided.
- Attend ongoing trainings in line with organizational requirements.
- Attend quarterly meetings with LINKLine advocates and volunteers.
- Other tasks as requested.
Please send a cover letter, resume, up to three professional references, and any relevant portfolio material to Chris Davies via email (), fax (801-521-5548) or by regular mail (UDVC, 124 S 400 E, Suite 300, SLC, UT 84111). No telephone calls please.
This position is “Open until filled” - applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. Applicants are subject to mandatory pre-employment security background checks.
UDVC is an equal opportunity employer for all person without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.