Jobs & Volunteer Opportunities
The role of Prevention Coordinator supports the expansion of UDVC’s prevention efforts, including the continued administration and expansion of the Lethality Assessment Protocol (LAP) pilot program initiated in 2015. The UDVC Prevention Coordinator will work with LAP partners and stakeholders to plan the delivery of training for victim service providers and first responders across Utah, collecting data from program partners, conducting essential ongoing project evaluation, and developing reports to monitor the ongoing progress of this project and our prevention efforts overall. Travel throughout the state of Utah is required, and a somewhat flexible work week is allowed with a partial work from home option.
- Proactively promote domestic violence prevention programs (including the Lethality Assessment Protocol [The LAP - Maryland Model], which is the primary / preferred risk assessment tool for first responders).
- Respond to inquiries from communities interested in implementing domestic violence prevention programs, and help assess their capacity and readiness for such programs.
- Conduct various activities to formally evaluate an applicant team's capacity and readiness for domestic violence prevention programs (including the LAP).
- Plan and conduct various activities to prepare teams for training.
- Facilitate train-the-trainer sessions, including managing co-trainers, for approved jurisdictions.
- Collect and analyze data and outcomes from partner programs; prepare performance measures and outcome reports for legislative supporters and project administrators.
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to UDVC member programs and their stakeholders, which may include site visits, trainings, and consultation on best practices in prevention efforts.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree required. Preference may be given to a candidate with a graduate degree in public health, public administration, social sciences, or research design.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office® applications: Word® (with mail merge), Excel®, and PowerPoint®.
- Experience with A/V setup and operation.
- Professional communication skills and highly developed people skills.
- Excellent business writing skills.
- Ability to gather and summarize data and to design, prepare, and format reports as needed.
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- Very detail oriented, able to multi task, and highly organized.
- Ability to assess and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Must be a self-motivator and work well in a team environment.
- Possess a high degree of initiative, integrity, and accuracy.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This is a full-time (hourly) position paying $18 - $22 per hour (DOE) plus benefits which include:
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 100% of $15,000 Life & ADD Policy.
- 100% of Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Counseling Services.
- A competitive time off policy which is summarized below:
- 12 paid holidays per year (plus 2 half days Christmas Eve & New Year’s Eve).
- Up to 10 days of Sick Leave per year.
- Up to 10 days of Vacation Leave per year.
- Please send a cover letter, resume, up to three professional references, and any relevant portfolio material to or by mail to UDVC, 124 S 400 E, Suite 300, SLC, UT 84111. No telephone calls please.
- This position is “Open until filled” - applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
- UDVC is an equal-opportunity employer for all persons without regard to sex, race, religion, color, national origin, age, physical, mental or educational disability, sexual orientation, and/or status as a veteran.
- Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks.
Download Job Description (PDF)